Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The End of the World

It is no secret our present universe will be annihilated on December 21, 2012, when 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar reaches its completion. There are some meaningless speculations, whether the Earth perishes due to collision with a passing planet, disappears being sucked into a black hole, or rather burns to the ashes with the arrival of the next solar maximum. Nobody knows exact circumstances inducing this event, but after it's all over, the actual causes will bear hardly any relevance to us. Yes, we're doomed and there's nothing in our power we can do to influence or alter the final outcome.

However, it is not all so hopeless, as it seems. We still have a plenty of time on our hands and we'd better use it wisely. As for me, I've got my priorities set. In 2012, instead of waiting for my presents till the Christmas day, I will open them the very latest on December 20th and I suggest to everyone to follow my example. Otherwise, we'd never know, what we got and it would be really sad.

Milo.



No comments: