Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gruesome Awakening

In the middle of the last night I woke up petrified, all covered in cold sweat. Hardly awake I leaped out of my bed, didn't waste any time turning on the lights and as fast as humanly possible I staggered downstairs to the living room. Down here I flipped the lights on and then, still holding my breath, in a trice I yanked the hatch door wide open.... What a relief! It's here. In the liqueur cabinet, right in the front row I got a glimpse of nearly full, elegant, dome-shaped bottle of the Captain Morgan Special Reserve, the finest 15 year old rum, made in Puerto Rico. This time everything turned out well. But can anyone even imagine if it was for real? In my grisly dream the same bottle appeared to be almost empty! Thank heavens, it was all just a nightmare.

No comments: