Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lonesome Birthday



Last month I celebrated another birthday. All alone. Again. Nobody remembered to send me a card, I received no friendly phone call or e-mail, no well wishers came to see me. In the name of objectivity it needs to be noted, that:


a) I do not have any friends and,


b) Not a living soul new about this exciting occasion.


See - the trouble is, unlike many other people, I don't celebrate my birthday on the very same day I was born. Curiously enough, my birthday comes up on the completely different date, for instance: last month I turned exactly 55 and 3/4 on that big day. And not only that - sometimes (even though it is an extremely rare) I have my birthday several times within the same calendar year! Isn't it amazing? It is a very interesting phenomenon, scientifically yet to be explained, but I'm absolutely confident, that at some point in not so distant future, someone will be able to bring up some satisfactory answers to this inexplicable puzzle.


In the meantime, please stand by and be on the lookout for the next announcement about my upcoming B-day party. And... just to be on the safe side, send me those birthday presents often and at any time of the year (especially the monetary gifts are greatly appreciated). That way you'll never ever have to feel guilty, that you missed my birthday again.


Cheers, M.

No comments: